Moving in has been quite an experience. Obtaining our keys was very overwhelming. We met Manolo to get our keys and he brought along two friends. And our landlords (2 brothers) were in our apartment. So, in all there were 9 people present at our contract signing. This was very different than anything that would ever happen in the US. We still aren't really sure why Manolo's two friends came along, but no pasa nada.
The best part of moving into our place is that we don't have to live out of suitcases anymore, which was a HUGE relief. We each have our own room and so much space to invite friends over. I think we are going to invite some people over soon to show off our new place. Here are some photos!
Our landlords are super helpful and one of our landlords is married to an American woman. She is very nice and told us that if we ever need anything we can ask her. It is nice to have someone who speaks the same language to help us solve problems. The biggest problem so far is that our washing machine does not seem to work correctly. I wanted to wash the sheet set that I bought before using it so that they would be clean, but it didn't work out so well. The landlords said that we should turn the machine to a certain point and that when it stopped, it was done. So, I opened the machine and a ton of water spilled out all over the floor. I closed it up, but the water is still inside. I am waiting for my landlord to get here to help fix it.
I can't wait to start school on Monday! :)
Ro, your place is beautiful!!! I'm excited to hear about your kiddies!!!
ReplyDelete