Bridget and I finally got to go to Ronda on Sunday. Although it was a bit of a rough morning since neither of us got very much sleep, Ronda was totally worth it. When we arrived, we got tostada and coffee at a cafe. Turns out we picked a very historical cafe, it is the oldest cafe in Ronda. We just sat down there because it was one of the first places we saw that was open, then we met a couple that has been coming to Ronda since their honeymoon from Connecticut. They told us a restaurant that we should try for lunch which was a tapas bar. They also told us where to walk around and see things. We saw the parador (cliff) of Ronda which is the most amazing view of the mountainous terrain that surrounds it. We got a lot of walking in and saw a lot, including a small petting zoo where they had peacocks. It was pretty cool.
Yesterday, we celebrated Halloween at school. We played pin the face on the jack-o-lantern, a version of steal the bacon, and bobbing for apples. The students had a ton of fun. I actually got to work with 5th grade yesterday for the first time and they are really awesome. I did an activity with them where they had to read the directions and draw different things on the haunted house (example: There is a ghost in the left downstairs window). They really seemed to like the activity and I think I actually convinced them that I don't know Spanish (a first in my school)! They did a great job of asking questions when they did not understand and were trying so hard in English.
Last night, we had a bunch of the other Auxiliares de Conversacion (people who are doing what we are) over to our piso. It was a lot of fun to have other people to talk to and hang out with. All of them are great people that we had a lot of fun with. We also had a couple of Spaniards over. They were all so confused about our costumes seeing as my roommates and I were a cowgirl, a pumpkin, a goth, and an Energizer bunny. The Spaniards are under the impression that Halloween is only a scary holiday and no matter how many times we try to convince them, they don't want to believe that Halloween does not mean only scary.
Today is All Saints Day, so no school! We have been cleaning our apartment, trying to get laundry done (since it's supposed to rain for the next 4 days straight!), and relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment