Thursday, January 12, 2012

The week Justin Bieber broke my heart

This first week back at school has been a lot of fun. I have really missed my students and the staff at my school and I am so glad to be back. We have been working on a new unit in almost all of my classes.

On Monday, school was a whirlwind of students running up and crushing me with their hugs. They all said that they were worried about me and thought that I was never coming back. I reassured them that I will be here until the end of May and that they do not have to worry! After school, I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for my bus when an old man approached me. He asked why I was in Bormujos and I explained that I teach English at the primary school. He was shocked and said he has two grandsons at the school and then pulled out two pictures. I knew one of the students from my sixth cycle class. Paco (the grandpa) pulled out his cell phone and called his grandon. So, I got to talk to one of y students over the phone which was a very strange experience, I did not know if I should speak in English or Spanish. Then, Paco insisted on paying for my bus fare becasue I am doing so much for his grandon. I was very thankful and happy to meet a new friend.

On Tuesday, we started a unit about the rooms in a house in my first grade class. The students caught on quickly and while we were doing an activity, some students began to act out because they were bored. One student in particular would not leave a little girl in the class alone. We said that she must be his novia (girlfriend) and he was very embarassed. Since we brought up the word girlfriend, the students began chanting that Fernando (our PE teacher) is my boyfriend. I had to set the record straight, so I told them that Justin Bieber is my boyfriend. They were all disbelievers until I sang them lyrics from a song. After that, they believed he was my boyfriend, it was hillarious!

Today, while I was in the same class, the students asked if I could bring in a picture of my boyfriend and me. I told them that I broke up with him because he wrote a song about another girl. They were all so mad at him for doing that and asked if I was sad about it. I told them I was very, very sad and that I needed them to cheer me up. They all sang songs to me from last semester and were very good listeners the whole day as we reviewed our house vocabulary. So, although Justin Bieber broke my heart, it turned out to be a great day at school. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment