Sunday, October 9, 2011

3 day weekends=amazing

I am so excited that I have a three day weekend every weekend while I am here. I only work Monday-Thursday because I only work 12 hours a week.

Thursday night was a lot of fun. We went to a tapas bar called La Suerna which is on the corner. Every time we pass by, the place is packed with a bunch of people who are in their 20's. We went there not only because of the crowd, but also because on Thursday's they have 2 for 1 raciones. Raciones are big plates of food. Each one costs 6 euro, so we paid 12 euro for 4 plates of food to share between 6 people. It was a good amount of food and it was absolutely delicious. It is mainly a seafood tapas bar with items such as muscles, shrimp, and squid. The bar is owned by the same man who runs the Cien Montaditos restaurant, so we were pretty sure that it was going to be good before we went. After Suerna, we went down the street to Bar Emilio that we think is going to become our neighborhood bar. Antonio was our waiter there both times we went this week and he was really excited to see us again with more friends. 


Friday we ended up going to the beach in Matalascanas. The weather was perfect for the beach and we got to relax. It was the first time since we have been here that I felt relaxed since there has been so much to do with getting settled in. 
















Friday night we decided to go out on the town to find Spanish friends.  Our goal was to make a couple of friends, so we decided to approach a group of 3 Spanish girls. We asked them what was fun to do in the area and they said we should just join them for the night. We were walking down the sidewalk with them and met up with a group of about 15 of their friends. We talked and hung out for a long time with the group and they were all very welcoming and eager to be our friends. We are having plans with them again on Tuesday night since we don't have school on Wednesday for Spanish Independence Day. :)


The past two days have been a lot of catching up on sleep, laundry and Skyping with friends. Last night, Bridget and I just stayed in and watched a movie so that we could go to sleep early. Today, I have been planning even though I am not really sure what I am supposed to be teaching this week. I still need the teachers to give me an idea of their plans for the week so we can work together to teach. I don't really like going into the classroom and having the teachers say "You are here, OK GO!" Hopefully more things will be explained this week and I will get more used to my schedule...

No comments:

Post a Comment