Thursday, October 6, 2011

No Pasa Nada

My roommates and I went to Cien Montaditos for dinner last night because Wednesday is Euro day. Everything costs a euro including jars of beer/tinto de verano. We had a great night out in our part of the city and plan on repeating it often.

Today was a stressful day. I had to be at school at 9 today, so I got up and ready to go. I got to my bus stop at 7:50 thinking that the bus was at 8. So, I sat waiting for the bus and after awhile I checked my phone. It was 8:05, so I figured I should check the schedule and it turns out that the bus was at 7:45. I started to freak out and I decided it would be best to hop in a taxi to go to Plaza de Armas because there are more buses that leave from there. I ran to the closest taxi stand, which was about a 10 minute run from my bus stop. The taxi driver drove me there, but then I realized I only had a 50 euro bill. He did not have change, so he drove up the street a bit so that I could get change at a gas station. After finally getting to the station and paying my driver, I ran into the bus station to see my bus pulling away. I was so overwhelmed and upset because I knew that there was no way for me to get to school on time. At 9:40 I finally arrived at school and ran into my classroom and immediately began apologizing profusely. The first thing out of my coordinators mouth was "No pasa nada" (don't worry about it!) She made me feel ok about skipping out on class, so it was a huge relief. Other than being late, school today was really great. My students really seem to be understanding feelings and the 5 senses. My coworkers have been talking to me more and including me in conversations.

Tonight, we are going out for tapas with some other girls from our program, which should be a lot of fun. Tomorrow, we are planning on going to the beach since we have Friday's off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment