Today was the most fun day that I have had at school so far. I had planned on having the 6th graders write a story about entering a haunted house. Instead, I walked upstairs and Milagros told me that we were going to have a Halloween party today. She had two huge plastic crates that we were going to fill with water. Each of the kids was told to bring an apple from home and we played Bobbing for Apples. The kids thought it was hilarious and loved playing the game. Most of the boys were dunking their head completely underwater because they really wanted to win. They all looked like wet dogs when they finally had the apple in their mouth. We also played pin the face on the jack-o-lantern. The students thought that game was also very entertaining. I found out that Spaniards have a huge misconception of Halloween. They think that everything on Halloween has to be extremely scary. I told them that I am going to dress up as a cowgirl for Halloween and they were saying that it is a bad costume. I said that most people in the USA don't dress up scary, so I was going to stick with my choice.
Other than that, nothing much has been going on here. My roomies and I are all starting to feel a little bored with our lives. We want to find more things to do such as dance or cooking class. The problem we are having is that everything is extremely expensive, so we need to keep looking. We just want to make some more Spanish friends so that on Sunday we are not so bored anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment