Saturday, October 15, 2011

Friends

Well, we did it, we finally made some Spanish friends. Seeing as we didn't have school on Wednesday, we went out to a bar on Tuesday night. We met a group of Spaniards while we were there and exchanged numbers with them. They came over to our apartment last night and we had a lot of fun. They are all very funny and very helpful with Spanish. We baked chocolate chip cookies before they came over yesterday. They thought they were delicious, since Spaniards aren't huge on desserts. We told them that the next time they come over we will make them brownies.

School has still been a whirlwind of uncertainty. One of the teachers has been very helpful and finally gave me a yearly plan. She said that each unit will be two weeks and I should plan activities to help the students learn the vocabulary in each unit. This week and next week's unit is bones and muscles. The students really enjoyed cutting out and gluing a skeleton together the other day and labeling the bones. I don't think they get to do much arts/crafty stuff on a regular basis, so they were really excited about it. I still have no idea what I am doing in 1st grade. Everyday when I go in is a surprise. I am hoping by the end of next week I feel more comfortable in my school.

Tonight, Bridget and I are going over to her friend Fidel's house for dinner. He is the friend who cooked us dinner a few weeks ago. He is going to make us fajitas! We are so excited to have them and he is also going to install Rosetta Stone on our computers so that we can become trilingual if we want. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment